Date(s) - 07/27/2018 - 07/28/2018
Categories No Categories
Teams will have the opportunity to be challenged on a near regulation 2018 Botball Game Board.
Modified rules will be released at the beginning of the day.
What can I do now to help prepare?
Look at the current board and see what skills you would need to be able to succeed.
This might include:
- grabbing dates (design a claw)
- moving bins
- moving date crates
- Line following (reflecting sensors)
- ET sensor
- Understanding of how to use a sensor (light) to start your robot:
- The light sensor is a cool way to automatically start your robot and critical for Botball robots at the beginning of the game.
- The wait_for_light() function allows your program to run when your robot senses a light.
- Note: It has a built-in calibration routine that will come up on the screen
(a step-by-step guide for this calibration routine is on a following slide).
- The light sensor senses infrared light, so light must be emitted from an incandescent light, not an LED light.
- For our activities, you can use a flashlight.
The more light (infrared) detected, the lower the reported valueint main()
printf(“I see the light!\n“);
Location: GCER, Indian Wells California